Tuesday 19 August 2014

Clothes Sizes

I long ago came to the conclusion that clothes sizes vary because they are made in other countries.  I've bought clothes in, for example, 16/18/20 (different styles) but they've all had the same measurements.  Wouldn't it be a good idea if distributors supplied the correct measurements to those overseas factories?

My most recent 'sizing' problem is armholes - especially on nightdresses.  I thought it was just me but after talking to several friends I find it is universal.  Nightdresses are supposed to be loose and comfortable - why make armholes so small that when you turn over in bed you are in danger of cutting off the blood supply to your hands?

My solution?  Opening and hemming the seams.  But, why, having paid good money should I then have to do alterations?

Answers please on a postcard!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment