Sunday 19 July 2015

Spending Wisely

How splendid that we can now see pictures of a far distant planet. Two things I want to know - 

1. Why do we need to know about it? 

2.  How much is it costing?

I'm sure that money would have been better spent on medical research.

Here in the UK a great deal of money is being spent on improving some rail lines. Excellent - and about time too.

But there are other lines that need work done on them.

And a vast amount of money is being wasted over the HS2 plans (a high-speed rail link between London and Birmingham). My advice to the Government? Scrap HS2 and invest the money in transport improvements. And I know that I am not the only person who would like to see that happen.

At a time when wages have been frozen or increases kept to the minimum up pops an official body recommending a large increase to politicians' salaries.

Forgive me, but where have the so-called experts been hiding? And - our taxes probably pay their wages.

Oh yes, I know that some MPs are saying they will donate their wage increase to charity.... Where the first bite of the cherry will go to the admin people.

Far better, ladies and gentlemen of the House of Commons, to be brave and vote AGAINST an increase so that that money can be put towards, say, the Health Service.


So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment