Wednesday 28 September 2011

Christmas and Diamonds

Yes, I know it's the end of September and I imagine that those of you who follow me on thetraveleditor.com think I'm crazy for putting a Christmas related article on there this early. The fact of the matter is that the Bluebell Railway is already advertising and selling its very popular Christmas events. Which, of course, means booking early. http://www.thetraveleditor.com/article/8113/Things_to_do_Attractions_Historic_Railway_Christmas_Entertainment_on_the_Bluebell_Railway.html

The State Rooms at Buckingham Palace close to the public on 2nd October. That is, until 2012 which is also a very special year for the Monarchy. Not because of the Olympic Games, but because it will be the Diamond Jubilee of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. Needless to say there will be loads of special events around the country, including at the various royal castles and palaces.

So far planned for the Buckingham Palace opening is "Diamonds: A Jubilee Celebration". This will show how diamonds have been used by British monarchs over the past 200 years. On display will be some of Her Majesty's personal jewels - inherited and acquired during her reign. The exhibition will also show how many of these stones have been re-cut or incorporated into new settings. This exhibition is, at the moment, expected to be open during August and September 2012, but additional dates may well be added. As they say - watch this space.

For my book fans, sales of "Homicide in Hampshire" continue and I am now currently working on the manuscript of another crime novel which I hope to publish within the next few weeks. This one is set in Florida and I suspect that my fans there will be looking forward to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment