Tuesday 3 May 2011

A Beautiful Royal Wedding

Last Friday was a wonderful day - sitting watching William and Kate get married and toasting them with a glass of gin and tonic!  Every time I watch pageantry in this country I have to admit that nobody does it like the Brits.

Our next bit of pomp and circumstance will be Trooping the Colour on 11 June.  No seats left for that one either but still plenty of room to stand along the Mall.  Yes, there will be a Balcony Scene and an RAF Fly Past.

I've been quite busy recently - spent a few days in Norwich which is a busy and historical city.  I am working on some articles about the trip which will appear on http://www.thetraveleditor.com/.  At the moment my writing for them seems to sticking to the Regal.  I have an article about the Royal Carriages which are on view to the public at the Royal Mews and am hoping to put on an article about Trooping the Colour within the next day or two.  My problem with that article is that I don't have any photos and am waiting for someone to supply them!

If you want to go directly to my page on thetraveleditor:  www.thetraveleditor.com/authors/6261/Barbara_Bothwell/

No comments:

Post a Comment